Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dave Meads



It's time to start posting some more cards! I've gotten lazy and have neglected my blog. Actually, the last three or four posts were scheduled to be published while I attended a sex offender registration conference in Galveston, Texas. The week after that I was actually on vacation, though I spent most of the time going out of town; one trip to my rheumatologist, one trip to take my kid to the doctor, a visit for an eye exam for myself (getting my first pair of bifocals; these things are expensive and will eat up some of my baseball card funds!). Following all of that I had to do the Thanksgiving thing. Then, when I got back to the office there was a ton of work to catch up on plus I've been in court nearly every day.

So, now it's time to catch up on some cards! I'll start off with what came in the mail today: Dave Meads

Meads was drafted by the Astros in the 6th round of the '84 amateur draft on January 17, 1984. He spent several years in the minors until 1987. That year he played in 45 games. The next year he only played in 22 games with the Astros. He also played over 20 games in the minors during those years (Tucson). He retired in '89, still with Tucson.

2 comments:

  1. I do not remember Dave at all (or those cards). But, it is good to see that you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have many, many more cards to post...just not enough time in the day to get around to it. Also, my five year old believes she should have total control of my computer so she can play games on Disney.com.

    ReplyDelete