Friday, March 5, 2010

Cliff Johnson...and my radio debut



Cliff Johnson was drafted by the Astros in 1966 in the 5th round. After a few years in the minors he made his major league debut on September 13, 1972.

By 1977 he was traded to the Yankees for Mike Fischlin, Randy Niemann and a player to be named later; the Yankees sent Dave Bergman (November 23, 1977) to the Astros to complete the trade.

During his career he also played for the Indians, Cubs, A's, Blue Jays, and ended up back in Texas with the Rangers before retiring in 1985.

Career highlights and awards:
World Series championship- 1977, 1978
Hit a Major League record 20 career home runs as a pinch hitter


In other news...

I had the privilege of being the guest on the morning show at KBHT 93.5 today. A good buddy of mine is the morning DJ, Jake "the Snake" Austin, and he asked me last week to be on today's Snake Farm (as his show is called; you Ray Wiley Hubbard fans will make the connection).

I had no idea this little ol' blog would be discussed; if I had I would have given a link to their web broadcast so all my loyal followers out there in baseball card blogland could listen in.

2 comments:

  1. Cliff was one heck of a pinch hitter! Congrats on the radio gig! I love doing radio. I am a lot taller on radio, hehe. It is a lot of fun, I know you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a face made for radio.

    ReplyDelete