Monday, May 18, 2009

Dave Smith, aka "Flight 45"








I've had this Dave Smith card for several years, and really don't remember how I ended up with it. I remember buying about 10 cards from a guy one time and this card might have been in that lot.

That being said, I wish I had taken the time to write to Dave before he passed away last December of a heart attack. I enjoy writing the players and telling them about my collection of signed Astros cards; now I tell them about this here little blog. I guess some part of me thinks they might want to see if they made the site and would leave a comment. Dream on, eh?

So, here's my '84 Topps Smith card. Not the most attractive card I've ever seen...which leads me to believe I must have bought this card 'cause something tells me I would have chosen a better looking piece of cardboard to have signed!

No comments:

Post a Comment