Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bob Aspromonte

I sent a 1962 Topps card to Bob from when he played on the Colt .45s on 5/5/09 and it came back on 5/14/09. I had six or seven extra cards so I sent him my best one; unfortunately it came back in the mail a little bent up. I've been sending off cards lately just using a few index cards on each side of the card(s) I want signed and so far I've had no problems. Looks like I'll have to start sending cards in hard plastic protectors again. The next time I send Mr. Aspromonte a card I won't take a chance again...not with such an old card.








Bob sent a signed paper showing him playing for both the .45s and the Dodgers. It's always a nice surprise to get back a little something extra.




2 comments:

  1. I just send my cards by themselves with no protection and I rarely have problems. I don't send them in plastic protectors because I have heard horror stories of the covers being signed rather than the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard those horror stories, too. I have done it in the past and never had any problems. I guess either way you take a chance. Maybe it was just one of those days when the mailman was in a bad mood!

    ReplyDelete