Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Carlos Lee



I bought a few cards on eBay not too long ago and a few of the 2008 Topps Allen & Ginter cards were included. I like the simple look of these cards; back to the basics and away from the glitz and glamour that so many cards show these days.

I was happy to get card #210 of Carlos Lee, AKA 'El Caballo'. They should have named him 'The Cowboy', as I understand he owns and works on his own ranch, both here in Texas and in his homeland of Panama. I guess Nolan Ryan won't be the only Astro that did a little ranching. I've done my share and believe me, it's not as fun as they make it out to be in the movies...'specially not in this Texas heat!



Also included in the package of cards I won was a little Carlos! It's my first mini card since possibly a 1990 issue. Here it is for a little size comparison:





No comments:

Post a Comment