Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Willie Ansley

I met Willie Ansley in the spring of '93. He was with a group of Astros (which included Scott Servais, Kevin Bass and Art Howe) that toured college campuses and other places to promote the upcoming season.

At the time I don't believe I had his '89 Topps; all I could find in my card stash was this minor league card from when he played for the Jackson Generals.



Willie was Houston's #1 draft pick in June of 1988. He played on several of the Houston minor league teams during a four year period but I don't believe he ever made it to the majors.


2 comments:

  1. He actually played for five seasons and the highest he got was to AAA.

    I love his "A" though. I have never seen one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...yeah, five seasons. Don't know where I came up with four. It's that 'higher math' thing that confuses me...

    ReplyDelete